Thursday, July 29, 2010

Metaphysics and Mathematics

Although it is known that metaphysics and science go hand in hand in the field of natural science, I believe that metaphysics and mathematics are also relative to each other. I got the idea from reading a book about different scientists that made contributions to different aspects of science and/or the world. From reading a section of the book, I gained a new perspective on the surrounding relationships between metaphysics and other areas of study/intellect. My explanation on the relationship between metaphysics and mathematics is metaphysics and mathematics both focus on the nature and function of logical reasoning and the basis of functions but the difference is mathematics deals with that concept but only pertaining to numbers and the operations that entail those numbers. Metaphysics applies the concept to find the nature of the world and the nature of being. If I am completely off base with this explanation or if I need to elaborate the explanation please notify me with comments, it would be greatly appreciated. Also please comment on your idea of metaphysics or the relations between different fields that it entails.

1 comment: