Friday, June 25, 2010

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

The book The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky caught my attention because as I was reading the synopsis it mentioned three brothers, one who is intellectual, one who is sensual, and another who is idealistic. The synopsis goes on to mention how the three brothers' personalities come together/collide in the death of their father. The book also includes the author's inner most thoughts on topics such as religion, good, evil, and other topics. I thought it interesting how the book includes how the different moral principles of the brothers would come together or collide in the death of their father. I am in the current process of reading the book and in my opinion looking from the outside in, it provides a good glimpse into the time setting of which this book was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment